The project caters for children who have lost their parents of HIV/AIDS and other diseases, or have other needs.
It is situated on a peninsula called Kacwamba at Lake Bunyonyi in South Western part of Uganda.
The project was funded by 23 year old Ninsiima Nicholas who had a sponsored education, and Akatwijuka Obed.
The primary source of incomes is from tourists who come to visit the project where some sponsor a child and others make a donation.
Kacwamba Orphanage is a non-governmental organisation dedicated to serving orphans and those in need. It was founded by Ninsiima Nicholas, assisted by Akatwijuka Obed, who wished to help improve their community
It's located in Kacwamba Village, South West Uganda on a peninsula on Lake Bunyonyi.
The project aims to cater for orphans by attending to their problems and helping raise their standard of living
At the orphanage, we aim to provide
- Primary school
- Secondary school
- Free computer training
- Hand craft workshop for children 5 - 16
- Skills training for the elderly
We welcome those who wish to volunteer to take part and help out at the project or sponsor a child's education.
We are also very grateful donations, large or small.
- Stationery and school supplies
For more information
Here the children and other members of the community were receiving shoes, clothes and sanitary towels for girls.
You too can take part in donating the same things through:
How you can help Kacwamba children
- Donate stationery and school supplies
- Sponsor a child
- Make a donation
- Donate clothing and footware
- Volounteer at the project
- Write a letter, Skype, or video call to the children
- Visit the project
- Comment about the project
Donations should be sent to:
How to sponsor a child
Sponsorship is always arranged between two parties, that is a child being sponsored with Nisiima Nicholas, project founder; and the person sponsoring.
Sponsorship is used to meet the education costs of a child and can be:
- $50 a month for primary school student
- $200 a term for secondary school student
- $600 a year for primary student
- $700 a year for secondary student